Monday, July 26, 2010

Continuing the chest


Ok, so I'm continuing the build of the main chest pieces. I am working really slow on this set of pieces because to me they are one of the most important pieces to get right for the overall movie Prime  look. I'm still using my metallic paper for all the parts and weathering with a black pen. there are no textures on the parts so to make them I use a printout of the available photographs of movie Optimus prime I can find. I start by cutting up each individual detail an applying  it to the main piece with the basic shape of the part. After I get all of the details glued in in their respective layer( bottom= base piece, middle= detail parts, and top= details of the details, if that makes any sense) Finally I apply the metallic paper coated with enough water based glue. It's important for it to be water based so that the wet paper will take the shape on the "mold" below it. To make sure I apply enough weight I stand on the piece to put all of my body weight on it. It looks pretty good I think.  

Continuo con el armado de las partes principales del pecho. Estoy trabajando relativamente lento en estas partes ya que para mi es muy importante que estas partes  queden bien para que se paresca a el Optimus Prime de la pelicula. Sigo utilizando el papel metalico paa todas las partes y "envejeciendolas" con un marcador negro. Las partes no tienen texturas asi que las hago imprimiendo las fotografias disponibles del optimus prime de la pelicula que puedo encontrar. comiezo a recortar los detalles y los pego a la pieza principal con la forma basica de esa parte. despues de que pego todos los detalles de esa capa( capa abajo= parte base, capa media= detalles, capa superior= detalles de los detalles, si es que tiene algo de sentido.) Finalmente aplico el papel metalico lleno de pegamento a base de agua. Es importante que el pegamento sea a base de agua para que el papel humedo tome la forma del molde debajo. para asegurarme que haga suficiente presion pongo todo mi peso corporal parandome en la pieza. Creo que quedan muy bien.



This are my main chest pieces taking form. In this picture it's easier to understand how the method I described above works, and again I tried to make' em as close as the movie Prime  as it's possible with paper at this scale.

Aqui las partes principales del pecho estan tomado forma. En esta foto es mas facil entender el prosedimiento que describi arriba, y de nuevo, estoy intentando poner el mayor numero de detalles que son posibles al construir con papel a esta escala.

Another look of the back with my own design smokestacks.

Otra vista de la espalda con los escapes que yo mismo diseƱe.

here is a close up of the first metal embossed panel applied. notice the rest of the sides of the piece are bare. 

Aqui esta un acercamiento de la parte central con el primer panel metalico aplicado. Noten que todos los demas lados estan sin nada.

Here is the basic layer details below the metallic paper to create the embossed effect. white parts base layer gray cut outs middle layer and autobot logo two more layers. 

Aqui estan los detalles basicos que se encuentran bajo el papel metalico para crear el efecto de relieve. Parte blanca es la base, parte gris es la capa media y el logotipo de autobots dos capas mas.

Here is another view of the pieces noticed that the autobot logo is missing, but in the works below the center piece.

Aqui esta otro angulo de las piezas. Noten que le falta el logotipo de los autobots pero ya estoy trabajando en el.

No comments:

Post a Comment