Monday, July 26, 2010

The build continues

Hi, I have been busy this past week so I haven't been able to work as much as I wanted on the model.  I had a little problem with one of the leds on his eyes so I decided to continue building the body to get the wiring correct and come back to the head in the end. I decided to star with my own enhanced chest piece. Since this model is going to be smaller than the original I needed to figure out how to make pieces stronger, specially the flimsy ones. I opted to fill up the piece up with riped tissue paper. I had to put a lot to completely fill the whole piece. It's a little anoying but is worth it, especially since I will be applying metallic paper panels over the piece and I need to press on it. I will do this for all load bearing pieces, mainly all joints. They are rock solid with almost no extra weight added.

Estuve un poco ocupado la semana pasada por eso no habia podido trabajar en este madelo tanto como quisiera. Tuve un pequeño problema con uno de los leds en la cabeza asi que decidi continuar con el armado del cuerpo para poner todoel cableado correctamente y despues regresar a la cabeza al final. Decidi empezar a armar mis parte central del pecho mejorada. Ya que este modelo va a ser mas pequeño que el original necesitaba encontrar una manera de fortalezer las piezas fragiles del modelo. Despues de mucho pensar decidi rellenar la pieza con papel sanitario rasgado. tuve que usar mucho para llenar completamente la parte. Es un poco atareado pero vale las pena especialmente porque esare aplicando pameles de papel metalico a las partes y necesitare hacer presion sobre ellas. Voy a hacer esto con todas las partes que cargen peso, principalmente todas las uniones. Quedan solidas como una roca y no añaden practicamente nada de peso. 

 


This is my main chest piece during the fill up process.

Aqui esta my pieza principal mientras la relleno.

I applied metallic paper to most pieces. Looks better in person. 

Aplique las partes metalicas a casi todas las piezas. Se ve mejor en persona.

Another view of the back. I also cut out the details to make them stand out more.

Otra vista de la espalda. Tamibien corte los detalles para que se notaran un poco mas.

Holding it in my hand for size comparison. It was a little difficult to paste the individual strips of paper for the rib pieces but it came out OK.

Sosteniendolo n la mano para que comparen el tamaño. Fue un tanto tedioso pegar las tiritas individales que forman las "costillas" pero quedaron bien.


Here is my chest piece in the works with my ring for size comparison.

Aqui esta la pieza central del pecho con mi anillo para comparacion del tamaño.



No comments:

Post a Comment